Weekly column by EUA's Chief Executive Mike Foster
Monday 14th December 2015
his is my last weekly blog for 2015, and what a year it has been. Energy policy has been on a rollercoaster but in the past few weeks, following the “reset”, a little more clarity has evolved. It seems DECC has put security of supply and affordability ahead of carbon emissions, at least in the short term, when addressing the challenges of the energy trilemma.
There has been progress this year on low carbon gas, with a much wider acceptance that the gas distribution network can help contribute towards the UK’s carbon target and not work against it. More work is needed, but without doubt 2015 has seen a swing in favour of gas having a long-term future in the eyes of many policy analysts.
Turning to local matters, EUA has really appreciated the support it has received from its members and the wider energy and utility industries. Our events have been well attended; our lobbying well-supported and the engagement on technical issues has helped move the sector forward. I hope we can continue making progress in 2016.
On a personal note, I would like to wish you all a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year and look forward to continuing my blog in January 2016.
Mike Foster CE
- New tool to help homeowners choose the right hot water cylinder
- HWA launch heat networks design guide
- HWA launch cylinder sizing calculator
- HWA Launch Hot Water Cylinder Consumer Servicing Guide
- JUL 2018 Homeowners could save up to £240 a year using excess solar energy to heat their hot water, says HWA.
- MAR 2018 HWA supports Government calls to mandate hot water storage in new builds
- OCT 2016 HETAS joins the Hot Water Association
- OCT 2016 New Biomass Technical standard launched by HWA and HETAS
- JUL 2016 ‘Naked cylinders’ breach Building Regulations warns HWA
- JUN 2016 HWA Charter updated to include ErP Directive requirements
Driving to improve standards within the domestic hot water industry