HWA launch heat networks design guide
Tuesday 29th May 2018
The Hot Water Association has today published a new design guide for heating and hot water engineers and heat network designers, helping industry navigate the design of efficient and effective hot water storage in heat networks, delivering the best possible service to the consumer.
Isaac Occhipinti, Head of External Affairs, the Hot Water Association said:
“The HWA Design Guide for Stored Hot Water Solutions in Heat Networks 2018’ provides design guidance and advice for engineers who are looking to specify stored hot water solutions working within a heat network. “
“As heat networks can range from a couple of dwellings running off a central heat source to larger district heating systems that feed thousands of consumers, it is important to note that there is no “one fits all” design solution, and this is where the guide, and the range of options it offers, proves useful.”
The guide was written by HWA member; Ian Robinson, Technical Manager, Special Applications, Baxi Heating UK Ltd, who said:
"HWA wanted to produce a design guide for heat network to assist the industry. There is no one solution. System designers should consider the design and usage profile of the building along with the local infrastructure to choose the correct solution. When you consider the strategic aim to decarbonise fuel it is clear that no one solution fits all. Retro fitting existing systems will also play an important part in this aim."
‘I am delighted to have helped bring this guide to fruition and hope that it provides a useful resource for the industry.’
The ‘HWA Design Guide for Stored Hot Water Solutions in Heat Networks 2018’ can be found here.
- New Chair appointed at the Hot Water Association, HWA
- 18 million homes could be unable to decarbonise heating
- Government warned they need to step up efforts to decarbonise heating
- Heat and Buildings strategy ignores potential of Hot Water Storage
- New tool to help homeowners choose the right hot water system
- Baffling and a missed opportunity- HWA respond to chancellors Green Homes Grant scheme
- New tool to help homeowners choose the right hot water cylinder
Driving to improve standards within the domestic hot water industry