HWA launch heat networks design guide
Tuesday 29th May 2018
The Hot Water Association has today published a new design guide for heating and hot water engineers and heat network designers, helping industry navigate the design of efficient and effective hot water storage in heat networks, delivering the best possible service to the consumer.
Isaac Occhipinti, Head of External Affairs, the Hot Water Association said:
“The HWA Design Guide for Stored Hot Water Solutions in Heat Networks 2018’ provides design guidance and advice for engineers who are looking to specify stored hot water solutions working within a heat network. “
“As heat networks can range from a couple of dwellings running off a central heat source to larger district heating systems that feed thousands of consumers, it is important to note that there is no “one fits all” design solution, and this is where the guide, and the range of options it offers, proves useful.”
The guide was written by HWA member; Ian Robinson, Technical Manager, Special Applications, Baxi Heating UK Ltd, who said:
"HWA wanted to produce a design guide for heat network to assist the industry. There is no one solution. System designers should consider the design and usage profile of the building along with the local infrastructure to choose the correct solution. When you consider the strategic aim to decarbonise fuel it is clear that no one solution fits all. Retro fitting existing systems will also play an important part in this aim."
‘I am delighted to have helped bring this guide to fruition and hope that it provides a useful resource for the industry.’
The ‘HWA Design Guide for Stored Hot Water Solutions in Heat Networks 2018’ can be found here.
- New tool to help homeowners choose the right hot water cylinder
- HWA launch heat networks design guide
- HWA launch cylinder sizing calculator
- HWA Launch Hot Water Cylinder Consumer Servicing Guide
- JUL 2018 Homeowners could save up to £240 a year using excess solar energy to heat their hot water, says HWA.
- MAR 2018 HWA supports Government calls to mandate hot water storage in new builds
- OCT 2016 HETAS joins the Hot Water Association
- OCT 2016 New Biomass Technical standard launched by HWA and HETAS
- JUL 2016 ‘Naked cylinders’ breach Building Regulations warns HWA
- JUN 2016 HWA Charter updated to include ErP Directive requirements
Driving to improve standards within the domestic hot water industry