HWA launch cylinder sizing calculator
Wednesday 27th March 2019
The Hotwater Association (HWA) have launched a new consumer tool- the hot water cylinder sizing calculator, to help both consumers and installers select the right size cylinder for the job.
Isaac Occhipinti, Head of External Affairs, HWA said;
“HWA member companies receive enquiries from both consumers and installers, on a regular basis, asking for help and advice on sizing the hot water cylinder. The HWA wanted to make this process as easy as possible for everyone, and so we have developed this online tool.
Getting the calculation wrong can have repercussions for everyone involved; the installer- they get called back to jobs, the consumer- they run out of hot water or pay over the odds heating water they don’t use, and the manufacturer- they get called out to unhappy customers.
The good news is that answering a few questions on our new online cylinder sizing calculator, will help consumers identify the correct size for the job.”
Stuart Elsy, Commercial group Chair, HWA said;
“The cylinder sizing calculator has been created using government and heating design guidelines, together with decades of experience from water heater manufacturers to give consumers and installers logical and sensible advice on the size selection of a domestic hot water cylinder.”
If the property requires a unique kind of cylinder, HWA members will be pleased to offer advice on bespoke solutions.
You can keep up to date, or find member details on the HWA website www.hotwater.org.uk
- New tool to help homeowners choose the right hot water cylinder
- HWA launch heat networks design guide
- HWA launch cylinder sizing calculator
- HWA Launch Hot Water Cylinder Consumer Servicing Guide
- JUL 2018 Homeowners could save up to £240 a year using excess solar energy to heat their hot water, says HWA.
- MAR 2018 HWA supports Government calls to mandate hot water storage in new builds
- OCT 2016 HETAS joins the Hot Water Association
- OCT 2016 New Biomass Technical standard launched by HWA and HETAS
- JUL 2016 ‘Naked cylinders’ breach Building Regulations warns HWA
- JUN 2016 HWA Charter updated to include ErP Directive requirements
Driving to improve standards within the domestic hot water industry