Baffling and a missed opportunity- HWA respond to chancellors Green Homes Grant scheme
Tuesday 4th August 2020
‘The decision to exclude hot water cylinders from the Green Homes Grant scheme is baffling’ says the Hot Water Association, HWA, in response to the release of the Chancellors scheme details.
Isaac Occhipinti, Head of External Affairs, HWA said;
‘Government should be putting long term plans into place to improve our homes. If the UK is to increase its use of low carbon heating technology, then storage of some sort will be necessary, and currently hot water storage is the only practical solution for storing energy and banking it for when it needs to be used.’
‘It makes absolutely no sense that a hot water cylinder isn’t on the list of approved measures. Why isn’t the Government recognising the importance of hot water storage? The Green Homes Grant scheme appears to be another missed opportunity.’
- Baffling and a missed opportunity- HWA respond to chancellors Green Homes Grant scheme
- New tool to help homeowners choose the right hot water cylinder
- HWA launch heat networks design guide
- HWA launch New Heat Pump Technical standard
- HWA launch cylinder sizing calculator
- HWA Launch Hot Water Cylinder Consumer Servicing Guide
- 2 JUL 2018 Homeowners could save up to £240 a year using excess solar energy to heat their hot water, says HWA.
Driving to improve standards within the domestic hot water industry